Budding artist wins award at Lloyds of London Art Exhibition

Budding artist wins award at Lloyds of London Art Exhibition

We are very proud of client Olivia English who exhibited at the Annual Lloyds of London Art Exhibition held on 22 – 26 October 2018.

Having suffered a near fatal brain haemorrhage and undergoing surgery in late 2015, Olivia received two years of therapies and was encouraged by her neurological rehabilitation professionals to take up painting for the first time to aid with cognitive processing in a non-stressful way.

Olivia embraces the peaceful solitude she finds in painting whilst her artworks have given her a sense of purpose.

For the exhibition, Olivia submitted three oil paintings of local seascapes.

During the Tuesday evening private viewing party, Olivia was awarded the prestigious Brian King Developing Artist Award and a £500 prize. This was presented by Mr Bruce Carnegie-Brown, Chairman of Lloyd’s of London.

To finish the week off on a high, Olivia also won the Public Vote award.

Reflecting on winning the awards Olivia said “I feel humble people voted for my paintings, I lost many things after my Brain Haemorrhage, my old self, my identity, my career, my self worth. My life now will always be shaped by my health limitations but I nevergave up, I am on a path I didn’t chose but what a wonderful journey I am on. From my heart I thank all those who voted for me”.

Olivia has kindly donated £1000 to Headway Essex made up from; 75% of the proceeds from the sale of her paintings and £100 public vote prize money. The remaining 25% will go to the exhibition organisers chosen charity.

“This is the first opportunity I have had to do something for Headway, I was adamant from the outset if I got into the Exhibition I would donate any sale money to Headway.
In my darkest most challenging times it was a handful of close family and friends who were there, no matter what to help practically and emotionally. Headway ALSO became that family member / friend in one, they get things done tailored to individual needs, they secured what turned out to be 2 years of Neuro Rehabilitation Care for me. I will always be indebted to Headway”.

We would like to thank Olivia for her kind generosity and we wish her every success with her art venture.

Font Resize
Scroll to Top button