Headway Essex is a Company Limited by Guarantee (Company No. 2674755) and a Registered Charity (Charity No. 1008807).
Copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association can be obtained by writing to: The Company Secretary, Headway Town Office, 58b Head Street, Colchester CO1 1PB.
Board of Trustees
The Company is managed and controlled by a Board of Trustees. Members of the Board of Trustees are elected from the membership of the Company and are subject to re-election following a term of office not exceeding three years.
The Board has a strategic role and meets at least four times a year. It has responsibility for determining the direction of the Charity within the framework set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association. This includes: ensuring financial viability and achievement of its aims; planning for the future; monitoring activities and outcomes against objectives; risk management; and ensuring legal requirements are met.
Chris White-Thomson Retired Chief Executive (Headway Essex Chairman)
David Parkins Retired Finance Director (Headway Essex Treasurer)
Rob Warren Clinical Director
Bob Juniper Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Alan Bacon Solicitor
Tony Emms Director
Diana Collins GDPR and Human Resources Consultant
The Board have delegated certain responsibilities to the Executive Committee, which comprises:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Finance Manager/Company Secretary
It meets bi-weekly and covers all the general work of the organisation including service delivery and development, funding and fundraising, personnel and premises. It reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
The Chief Executive Officer has overall responsibility for all aspects of service delivery and development. The key tasks are:
- To undertake overall responsibility for, and to manage, all existing service provision and future development of services;
- To be responsible for the organisation’s financial health and ensure expenditure is controlled in line with budget as approved by the board of trustees;
- To negotiate funding, service level agreements and contracts with statutory bodies. To maximise other income generation, enabling fulfilment of the aims and objectives of the organisation;
- To be responsible for all aspects of human resource management;
- To be aware of legislative requirements and good practice, and ensure all relevant policies and procedures are in place;
- To promote the organisation and increase awareness of the effects of brain injury.
The Finance Manager and Company Secretary is responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting. The key tasks are:
- To maintain appropriate and accurate financial records;
- To produce monthly management reports and annual financial statements;
- To ensure the organisation meets all relevant company legislation.
The Headway Centre Manager is responsible for the delivery of the day care service. The key tasks are:
- Management of the specialist day service at The Headway Centre in Colchester;
- To provide leadership and support for the care staff;
- Ensuring relevant legislative requirements are met.
The Community Support Manager is responsible for the delivery of the community service. The key tasks are:
- Management of the community service across the county;
- To provide leadership and support for the service team.