Current Vacancies at Headway
Brain Injury Case Worker – Benfleet, South Essex – Full time Perm.
Are you a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional, who has previous experience of working in a health or social care setting and has a person-centered focus approach, promoting the dignity and independence of service users, enabling them to reach their optimum potential and live fulfilling lives then read on.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and dedicated Case Worker to join our multi-disciplinary team, who provide therapeutic and post-rehabilitation services for adults with acquired brain injury. This is a busy hand’s on role, where you will be leading support group meetings, conducting client and risk assessments working in the day centre and community, providing support and advice to adults with acquired brain injury and their carers to help them lead a fulfilling life.
Experience in brain injury will be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given.
This role is based in Benfleet, however you will be required to travel around the South and West Essex area to visit clients in their own home, network with local hospitals, GPs and other professionals as well as attend and run Support Group Meetings.
- Need to have experience of working in an environment supporting clients with diverse needs.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers and others from a range of health/ social care, and community organisations.
- Have good communication, IT, organisational and general administrative and presentation skills.
- Need a good understanding of safeguarding and health and safety.
- Have an NVQ Level 2 or above in Health and Social Care (or an equivalent).
- Be educated to ‘O’ level (or equivalent) English and Math Grade C standard
- Be prepared to use your own vehicle to travel and work some evenings.
£20,000 – £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
28 days holiday per annum, (including bank holidays).
Pension Scheme, mileage allowance in line with company policy and time off in lieu for any overtime worked. Competency framework with salary scales for progression.
You will need to have two suitable referee contact details to apply for this vacancy and the successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory enhanced criminal records check. Previous applicants need not apply.
In person interviews will take place on either the 25th or 28th July. Closing date for applications 22 July. Therefore, why wait if you want to join our team please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is to ensure everyone living with the effects of acquired brain injury has the opportunity to lead a fulfilling life.
Is, through our work:
- People with acquired brain injury will fulfil their potential
- Families and carers will be better able to cope with their caring roles
- The wider community will understand the cause and effects of acquired brain injury