Current Vacancies at Headway
Headway Essex has an exciting opportunity for a Community Fundraiser to join the team in Colchester.
You will join us on a permanent basis 37.5 hrs per week. In return you will receive a salary of £20,000 plus benefits.
For over 35 years Headway Essex has specialised in supporting people living with acquired brain injury. Our person centred approach means our clients are at the heart of the work we do, providing support and advice at every stage of their recovery post hospital discharge.
As a proactive charity, whose services are always in demand, the Fundraising team raise vital funds to enable us to continue providing and improving these valued services across Essex.
About the Community Fundraiser role
You will be an experienced professional Fundraiser, who is proactive and highly organised with the drive and enthusiasm for working with others to help maximise income generation and ensure all fundraising activities are delivered in a timely manner.You will be the central point of contact for all fundraising enquiries and oversee the donor and supporter stewardship process.
You will be representing Headway Essex at charity events, cheque presentations and engaging with the local community providing support for their own fundraising events.You will have a creative flare with an eye for design to provide content for the newsletter, promotional materials, social media and assist with the maintenance of the Website.
You will be responsible for managing and developing a team of Fundraising volunteers across Essex.
Skills and experience required to be the Community Fundraiser:
– Educated to GCSE or equivalent level Grade C, English and Math.
– You will have a proven record of organising successful Fundraising events, ideally within a charity setting.
– You will have a successful record of day to day operational and organisational abilities and skills to work collaboratively with colleagues, volunteers and others from a range of professionals and community fundraisers.
– You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work to deadlines whilst prioritising workload.
– Experience of risk assessments and health and safety is desirable.
– You will have proficient IT skills.
– Hold a valid UK driving licence and be a car owner as you will be required to travel across Essex.
– Have a flexible approach to duties and varied work patterns to accommodate evening and weekend work as required.
What you will receive in return as the Community Fundraiser:
– 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
– Pension Scheme
– Mileage allowance in line with company policy
– time off in lieu for any overtime worked
This post is subject to the right to work in the UK, and satisfactory references. Headway Essex is an equal opportunities employer.
If you think you have the skills and experience required to be our Community Fundraiser, then send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply today!
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. Therefore we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
All applications will be handled in accordance with our Privacy Statement – www.headwayessex.org.uk.
Is to ensure everyone living with the effects if acquired brain injury has the opportunity to lead a fulfilling life.
Is, through our work:
- People with acquired brain injury will fulfil their potential
- Families and carers will be better able to cope with their caring roles
- The wider community will understand the cause and effects of acquired brain injury