Current Vacancies at Headway
Brain Injury Case Worker (Colchester, North & Mid Essex)
For over 35 years Headway Essex has specialised in supporting people living with acquired brain injury. Our person centered approach means our clients are at the heart of the work we do, providing support and advice at every stage of their recovery post hospital discharge.
We are a proactive charity, whose services are always in demand and we are recruiting now for a self motivated professional who will share our passion for supporting adults living with acquired brain injury in their local area and responding to their needs.
We are looking for an experienced health and social care professional who can, lead support group meetings, conduct client and risk assessments and provide support and advice to adults with ABI and their carers to help them lead a fulfilling life.
This role is based at The Headway Centre in Colchester, however you will be required to travel around the North and Mid Essex area to visit clients in their own home, network with local hospitals, GPs and other professionals as well as attend and run Support Group Meetings.
- Need to have experience of working in an environment supporting clients with diverse needs.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers and others from a range of health/ social care, and community organisations.
- Have good communication, IT, organisational and general administrative and presentation skills.
- Need a good understanding of safeguarding and health and safety.
- Have an NVQ Level 2 or above in Health and Social Care (or an equivalent).
- Be educated to ‘O’ level (or equivalent) English and Math Grade C standard
- Be prepared to use your own vehicle to travel and work some evenings.
£20,000 pro-rata per annum, Part time 30 hrs per week.
28 days holiday pro-rata per annum, (including bank holidays).
Pension Scheme, mileage allowance in line with company policy and time off in lieu for any overtime worked.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and the right to work in the UK. Headway Essex is an equal opportunities employer.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence and be a car owner as you will be required to travel across Essex.
- Have a flexible approach to duties and varied work patterns to accommodate evening work as required.
If you want to be part of our friendly staff and volunteer team who improve the lives of adults living acquired brain injury, you can apply to the above vacancies by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
All applications will be handled in accordance with our Privacy Statement – www.headwayessex.org.uk.
Is to ensure everyone living with the effects if acquired brain injury has the opportunity to lead a fulfilling life.
Is, through our work:
- People with acquired brain injury will fulfil their potential
- Families and carers will be better able to cope with their caring roles
- The wider community will understand the cause and effects of acquired brain injury