Current Vacancies at Headway
There is currently an exciting job opening within our Fundraising Team for a Fundraising Assistant.
Fundraising Assistant – Colchester, Essex
We are looking for an efficient and conscientious Fundraising Assistant to support our friendly and dynamic fundraising team to maintain and improve services for people with acquired brain injury and their carers.
Reporting direct to the Fundraising Manager they will be the central point of contact for all fundraising enquiries.
They will provide professional donor relations with a view to maintaining and building excellent supporter relationships both internally and externally.
They will be proactive and highly organised to ensure all fundraising activities are completed and supported in a timely manner.
They will be part of a team which will maximise income generation to help Headway Essex achieve its aims and objectives of providing services to people living with Acquired Brain Injury and raise awareness of the effects of this across Essex.
- Delivering excellent donor care to existing and new supporters/fundraisers of Headway Essex
- Assisting with the administration, planning and delivery of specific Headway Essex Events and promoting other third party events
- Writing content and schedule social media posts, help to keep the Website up to date and produce visuals to support fundraising activity
- Managing and developing a dynamic volunteer team to support the work of the busy fundraising office
- Managing donor relationship correspondence, records and data in a timely manner
- Be a central and pivotal point of communication for the Fundraising Team and Headway supporters
- Provide a professional and positive response to internal and external communications and enquiries
To join our team the successful applicant will:
- Be a motivational and clear communicator, both verbally and written
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, with an empathy for the cause
- Be enthusiastic with an ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Have a creative flare with an eye for design to support internal and external communications
- Have exceptional organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise workload and multi-task.
- Have proficient IT skills including Microsoft office, database management and In-Design or other computer design software.
We are looking for someone who is able to work in a busy environment and has vision and a positive can do attitude. Previous experience of working with a charity, donors and volunteers is advantageous.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence and be a car owner and be willing to travel where needed to support events and activities
- Have a flexible approach to duties and working patterns to accommodate, occasional evening and weekend work.
Permanent position – Full time 37.5 hours per week
Time off in lieu for extra hours worked
28 days holiday (including bank holiday’s and Christmas closure)
Salary up to £20k depending on experience
This position is subject to satisfactory references.
All applicants should send a copy of their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Is to ensure everyone living with the effects if acquired brain injury has the opportunity to lead a fulfilling life.
Is, through our work:
- People with acquired brain injury will fulfil their potential
- Families and carers will be better able to cope with their caring roles
- The wider community will understand the cause and effects of acquired brain injury