Current Vacancies at Headway
Brain Injury Support Worker – CHARITY Colchester, Essex – 2 Vacancies
Full time Perm and Fixed term Maternity Cover
Headway Essex is looking to recruit an experienced and dedicated full-time Support worker to join our multi-disciplinary team, providing therapeutic and post rehabilitation day services for adults with acquired brain injury in Colchester, Essex.
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals with previous experience of working in a health or social care setting, who have a person-centred focus, promoting the dignity and independence of our service users, enabling them reach their optimum potential and live fulfilling lives through activities provided in the day centre and in the community.
This position involves working with clients of all abilities with acquired brain injury, experience in this area will be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given. You will be working within a small team of support workers at our day care centre.
You will be promoting a more independent and fulfilling lifestyle, enabling service users to access the community and interact with friends, family and local people. This will be achieved through;
- Key-working with individuals, identifying support plans, setting goals and carrying out reviews.
- Liaising with other professionals, agencies and organisations.
- Being involved with activities relating to education, self-development and social rehabilitation.
- Running, planning and attending evening social groups.
- Assisting clients with personal care requirements.
- Oversea the administration of medication.
- Maintaining accurate and appropriate records.
Essential skills include:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- IT Skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- A full clean valid driving licence
- NVQ Level 2 in health and social care or Psychology degree
- The right to live and work in the UK
You will need to have two suitable referee contact details to apply for this vacancy and the successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory enhanced criminal records check.
Full Time 37.5 hrs per week – Monday to Friday
Start date Mid September
Suitable applicants should send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the current Social distancing measures in place, we will be conducting interviews virtually using Zoom.
Is to ensure everyone living with the effects if acquired brain injury has the opportunity to lead a fulfilling life.
Is, through our work:
- People with acquired brain injury will fulfil their potential
- Families and carers will be better able to cope with their caring roles
- The wider community will understand the cause and effects of acquired brain injury