Current Vacancies at Headway
Brain Injury Support Worker – Colchester, Essex
Are you a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional, who has previous experience of working in a health or social care setting and has a person-centered focus approach, promoting the dignity and independence of service users, enabling them to reach their optimum potential and live fulfilling lives then read on.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and dedicated Support worker to join our multi-disciplinary team based in Colchester Essex, who provides therapeutic and post-rehabilitation day services for adults with acquired brain injury. This is a busy hand’s on role, providing a variety of activities in the day centre and in the community for adults of all abilities with acquired brain injury. Experience in brain injury will be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given.
You will be promoting a more independent and fulfilling lifestyle, enabling service users to access the community and interact with friends, family, and local people. You will be:
- Key working with individuals, identifying support plans, setting goals, and carrying out reviews.
- Liaising with other professionals, agencies, and organisations.
- Involved with activities relating to education, self-development, and social rehabilitation.
- Running, planning, and attending evening Social groups.
- Assisting clients with personal care requirements.
- Overseeing the administration of medication.
- Maintaining accurate and appropriate records.
Essential skills include:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- IT Skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- A full clean valid driving license
- NVQ Level 2 in health and social care or Psychology degree
- The right to live and work in the UK
Our day centre is COVID Secure and PPE and other protective measures must be adhered to at all times.
You will need to have two suitable referee contact details to apply for this vacancy and the successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory enhanced criminal records check.
It is desirable that you have a willingness to drive the Charity’s minibus to access community activities. Previous applicants need not apply.
Initial Fixed Term contract expiring June 2021, with a view to permanent.
Full Time 37.5 hrs per week – Monday to Friday
Start date ASAP
Suitable applicants will be interviewed, potentially via Zoom and we reserve the right to close this vacancy on a successful appointment. Therefore, why wait if you want to join our team please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Is to ensure everyone living with the effects of acquired brain injury has the opportunity to lead a fulfilling life.
Is, through our work:
- People with acquired brain injury will fulfil their potential
- Families and carers will be better able to cope with their caring roles
- The wider community will understand the cause and effects of acquired brain injury